The new face of Croatia - trendy restaurants, ancient old town, bustling harbor
Split is the emerging epicenter of the Croatian Renaissance – a living example of the blending of old and new, city sophistication and Dalmatian casual. Split is an amalgamation of the new and the historic – from ancient Diocletian’s palace to its trendy underground nightclubs, beautiful harbor, fashionable promenade and busy ferry port.
Split is also leading the emergence of the new & creative Dalmatian cuisine – a delicious blend of traditional, fresh & local ingredients in interesting & original dishes, always with an imaginative twist. Great new restaurants, wine bars & clubs are opening all the time.
And Split is a convenient launch point for exploring all of Croatia – sailing the 1000 islands, wine tours, cultural and historical odysseys, coastal expeditions, hiking, biking and water sports.
Essential Split – what not to miss:
- Diocletian’s palace, cathedral and city walls
- Traditional a cappella street singers
- Ancient Jewish Synagogue and cemetery
- Expansive Marjan Park
- Daily fish market
- Famous mediterranean style open air market
- Bacvica beach with its promenade, restaurants, nightclubs and live music
- Split Harbor promenade where the fashionable go for an evening stroll or morning coffee
- Mestrovic museum and villa
- Wander the alleyways and hidden backstreets of the Old Town
- Game of Thrones walking tour
- Day Sailing to Hvar, Brac, Solta, the Pakleni and Vis islands