Experience Croatia's Food & Wine Renaissance
You’ll forage the famous produce markets, visit restaurants accessible only by boat, be invited into local kitchens to learn the secrets of traditional island recipes, meet professional chefs and world class vintners.
Customize your journey and add a whole new dimension to your adventure with one of our SPECIAL INTEREST ACCENTS
- Delve into famous Istrian cuisine in a private Art of Istria cooking class – learn to use local ingredients, make traditional dishes and pair your creations with indigenous wines.
- Discover the secrets of Croatian truffles with a local family, who share traditional cooking methods in their home.
- Learn the hidden skills of traditional Dalmatian cooking from Chef Jolanda, who uses her grandmother’s recipes enhanced with her own unique twist at her tapas bar in the heart of Split old town within the Diocletian Palace.
- Discover how to use Dalmatian herbs and local ingredients in an exclusive cooking class among the olive trees with the chef at the best farm-to-table restaurant on Hvar. You’ll select fresh herbs & vegetables straight from their home garden, fresh fish from the local daily fish market & prepare homemade bread with olive oil from the family orchard.
- Join chef Ante in his kitchen in a tiny secluded bay, where you’ll arrive by sailing or motor yacht. With Chef Ante’s guidance, and the day’s fresh fish catch, you’ll create a delectable meal with equal attention to the substance and art of Nouveau Dalmatian Cuisine. Enjoy the feast when everything is perfected and the finishing touches are plated. Ante’s restaurant is known mostly to local skippers and sailers and is probably the best fish restaurant on the Adriatic.
Culinary & Wine Pairing Experiences
- Be hosted by the sommelier at a chef’s table dinner & wine pairing from the chef at one of the best restaurant in Croatia on Korcula island in spectacular setting on the medieval fortress overlooking the Korcula Channel.
- Meet our favorite Michelin star chef, Rudi Stefan – your chance to experience first hand the Croatian renaissance in cuisine and wine in a spectacular medieval setting. Chef Rudi is a leader in the emergence of Nouveau Croatian Cuisine – the perfect balance between traditional ingredients & dishes, creative cuisine & panache. Pelegrini also has one of the best wine lists in the country, including the top Croatian wines, some of which are only available at the winery.
- Gourmet picnic on the top of Mt. Srd, overlooking Dubrovnik.
- Dinners and wine pairings in great restaurants in every style – from local family “konobas”(trattorias) in the villages, to farm-to-table experiences in the countryside to top Michelin star restaurants.
Wine Tours in Croatia’s Major Wine Regions
- Begin with a wine tour of Continental Croatia in the famous Kutjevo & Zagorje wine regions, including pairing with local northern cuisine.
- Discover why Istria is the best know region in Croatia for wine & cuisine on a wine tour of award winning vintners with the best wines from indigenous varietals, particularly Teran & Malvasija.
- Meet the vintners with local master sommelier as your guide on a private wine tour on Hvar island, famous for its sunshine and Plavac Mali varietal (origin of the California Zinfandel).
- Tour the Peljesac Wine Peninsula, the Napa Valley of Croatia, with local sommelier as your guide.
- Overnight at boutique hotels, wine country estates and on board sailing or motor yacht.
- Sail by motor or sailing yacht from Split to Dubrovnik stopping along the way on Hvar & Korcula islands and hidden Kobas Bay.
- Your journey includes cultural tours and activities along the way such as walking tours of Split & Dubrovnik, island tours and optional hiking, biking & kayaking.
- Your journey is completely private and customized for your style, pace and interests.