Discover the unique terroir and fabulous indigenous wines of famous Istria
Your Croatian Wine Renaissance Istria journey is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in local Istrian wine traditions, cuisine and bucolic Istrian lifestyle. You’ll visit wine estates, family wineries and garage wineries in the most famous wine producing areas of Istria.
You’ll meet the pioneers of the Istrian wine Renaissance and engage in age-old arguments about terroir, methods and vines and discover great award winning wines, strictly local wines. You’ll try local cuisine, meet leading chefs and discover the timeless hill towns of Istria.
You’ll taste unique Istrian varietals such as Malvasija & Teran as well as international varietals (such as Merlots, Cabernets & Chardonnays) with distinctive flavors from the Istrian terroir & local finishing touches of the winemakers .
Your private tour includes:
- 7 or 10 day journey with your choice of staying at a wine country villa, wine estate or seaside resort
- 4 days of wine tours. For each tour you’ll visit 2 or 3 wineries or wine tasting cellars in each location.
- Lunch or dinner during each tour at some of the best restaurants in Croatia.
- Local olive oil tasting and sampling of local specialties such as Istrian truffles, Prsut, cheeses and traditional Istrian cuisine.
- Opportunity to buy local wines at the wineries. This is a real treat because a great many of the best wines never leave the region.
- Private transportation during your wine tours.
- Additional activities:
- Day Sailing to Brijuni islands
- Hiking, biking or walking tours in the hill towns of Istria
- Istrian Truffles & cuisine tours
- Culture, historical & architectural day tours
- Traditional Istrian cooking class
All journeys are customized and private.
Contact us for more information and quotes for your Wine Renaissance Istria tour. Custom Wine Tours available on the Dalmatian islands, the Peljesac Peninsula, Dubrovnik area, Istria and Continental Croatia.