Travel across Croatia with wine as the thread and local sommelier as your guide
Our special Epicurean Wine tours are for wine hobbyists and connoisseurs, who will be tantalized by Croatian wines. We travel across continental Croatia, on to Istria and the southern islands of Dalmatia, tasting and meeting the vintners at the best boutique, traditional and organic wine makers. You’ll try Croatian varietals at their best in vertical and horizontal tastings and paired with local cuisine.
We’ll introduce indigenous wines from every region such as Grasevina, Marastina, Bogdanusa, Plavac Mali, Posip, Dingac, Vugava, Malvazija & Traminac. And of course you’ll try the fabulous and home grown Proseks (Croatia’s Vin Santo), Grappas and pervasive Rakijas. We start our journey in Zagreb the night before your tour, where you’ll be greeted with a champagne supper.
- Visit wineries in the continental Plesivica/Slavonia region.
- Follow the wine road of Istria (the Tuscany of Croatia). We’ll try selected wines from the over 120 Istrian wineries, the rich Istrian cuisine and the famous trouffles. You’ll try indigenous Malvazia and Teran varietals.
- Sail the Dalmatian islands, where we visit local wineries and witness the re-emergence of island vineyards. You’ll learn about the unique soil management strategy used to produce excellent Plavac Mali on the rocky islands. We’ll have the chance to pair Plavac Mali varietals with fresh local cuisine prepared for us by some of the innovators of the new Dalmatian cuisine,
- Meet the master vintners and innovative garage wine makers. We’ll visit the vineyards sloping down to the sea, where the grapes are blessed 3 times by the sun – from the reflection of the sun reflection off the sea – from the white of the rocky soil.
- Sail to the Peljesac peninsula, the Napa Valley of Croatia, where we will taste the famous Dingac wines, visit some of the best wineries in Croatia and see why the grapes along the steep coastal region in this area are so special.
- Sail to Korcula, where we’ll visit the Lumbarda region (one of the oldest wine growing regions in the Balkans) and try the native Grk and Posip wines paired with local southern Dalmatia cuisine.
- End our tour with wine tasting and pairing dinner in Dubrovnik old town.
Contact us for more information and quotes for your private Epicurean Wine Tour. All itineraries are customized to your preferences in wine and travel. Optional tour additions include walking city tours, extended villa stay, biking and hiking tours on the island trails.