Immerse yourself in the rich culture and sailing traditions of Croatia, following the trail of the ancient Greek and Roman voyagers. Meander the coastal islands, unspoiled villages & boutique wineries. Visit ancient monasteries, medieval walled towns, UNESCO historical sites, with the comfort and ease of living on-board with spacious cabins, on-board chef, full crew and specially selected wines.
You’ll moor in out of the way places, sail into small harbours, visit island villages and stop to enjoy the spectacular hidden bays, swimming & sea the Adriatic is famous for. Your culture and wine tours are arranged for you privately as well as special meals on board and at the wine estates and cellars.
Our Culture & Wine Sail is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in local traditions, unique wines, Dalmatian cuisine and seafaring lifestyle of the Adriatic – all arranged exclusively for you.
Your private tour includes:
- 7 to 14 days sailing aboard one of our Luxury Sailing Yachts.
- 4+ days of culture & wine tours.
- Visit small family wineries, garage wineries and the leaders of the Croatian Wine Renaisance – private tastings & tours plus unique wine & cuisine pairings.
- Visit medieval Korcula town (the birthplace of Marko Polo), iconic Dubrovnik, with its ancient walls & narrow cobbled streets, Diocletian’s Palace, the ancient fortress of Split.
- Dubrovnik Summer Festival for July & August sails.
- Wine and cuisine pairing on each tour.
- Local olive oil tastings and samplings of Dalmatian cuisine – traditional and new age.
- Gourmet dinners on board with selected Croatian wines and local specialty meals chosen to compliment each wine tasting.
- Plenty of time for swimming in quiet bays, snorkeling & basking in the sun
- Private transportation on the islands during your culture & wine tours.
- Private transfer from the airport to the yacht.
- Flexible itinerary design specifically for your group and interests.
- Tours sail from Split or Dubrovnik.
During your sail you’ll discover great award winning wines, strictly local wines, indigenous varietals, the known and the unknown wines. You’ll meet the owners, try local cuisine, & discover the timeless villages of the Dalmatian islands of Brac, Hvar & Peljesac Peninsula, famous for their wine traditions. Private tastings & dinners are arranged at the vintners and onboard. You’ll taste some unique Croatian varietals such as Grasevina, Plavac Mali, Posip, Dingac, Bogdanusa & Marastina. And of course you’ll try the pervasive Grappas and famous Rakijas.
Our cultural tours take you back in time to discover the rich heritage and traditions preserved in local stories, cuisine and culture. We explore Croatia’s architecture, stone masonry, monasteries & ancient cities.
- You’ll explore romantic Croatia with your private guide:
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Historic Split (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Old town Dubrovnik (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Chic Hvar with its cobbled streets, ancient fortress & historic plaines
- Historic Korcula, the reputed birthplace of Marko Polo
- Bell towers, historic villages, stone mason school & the 16th century Blaca Monastery on Brac island
Your Sailing Yacht
Our elegant Sailing Yachts are spacious, comfortable and romantic. You’ll enjoy dining on deck, multiple sun decks and private cabins with ensuite bathrooms. All sails are private, no cabin bookings are offered.
Prices for the Culture & Wine Sails start at €2500 per person. All sails are private and customized exclusively for you. Optional additional activities and villa extensions are available on request. Optional tour additions include extended villa stay, biking and hiking tours on the islands, kayaking & other water sports.