Take a grand mototour or add a breathtaking ride to any itinerary
Our favorite Select Motorcylce Adventures are a great quick getaway to add to any trip or as part of a long ride. Adventures start from Ljubljana, Istria, Split, Dubrovnik & Montenegro.
All of our rides are customized for your choice of terrain, pace – leisurely to agressive – and special interest stops.
Excellent roads provide a choice of options from dirt backroads to easy riding hiways to windy coastal roads.
Whether you are a looking for leisurely ride or thrilling adventure we’ll create an unforgettable ride with professional guides, beautiful scenery, interesting and fun stops along the way.
Crossing Slovenia - Lake District, Julienne Alps, Karst Valley
Slovenia is a tiny country famous for its biking with stunning scenery, medieval architecture, and beautiful countryside dotted with small villages, castles, and gorgeous lake region at the foot of the Slovenian Alps.
Because it is small, there are lots of day trips from Ljubljana with great roads and terrain . . .
- Lake Region – Lake Bled & Bohinj are the most well known lakes nestled under the majestic Julian Alps about a 1/2 hour ride from Ljubljana
- Wind through the Julian Alps through high mountain passes and Triglav National Park
- Ride through the famous Karst region dotted with caves, limestone terrain, vineyards – all compelling reasons to visit. Stop along the way at stunning caves & castles:
- Postojna Caves & Predjama Castle
- The Postojna Caves are and extensice underground system of passages, tunnels, galleries & chambers with stunning stalagmites & stalatites
- Škocjan Caves – UNESCO World Natural Heritage
- Explore the medieval Slovenian coast – Koper, Izola & Piran
Wander the hilltowns and byways of Istria
Istria is a living representation of Croatia’s ping-pong history and relationship with Western Europe – you’ll see Italian, Viennese, Ancient Roman and Austro-Hungarian influences in the architecture & cuisine. Spend the day exploring the countryside, hilltowns & seaside ports. Some of our other favorites rides . . .
- Motovun, perhaps the most well known Istrian hill town
- Groznjan, village of artists
- Zavrsje, enchanted village with leaning bell tower
- Oprtalj, colorful village in the olive oil region
- Boljun, in central Istria with medieval castle
- Rovinj, our favorite seaside harbortown
- Pula, famous for its Roman amphitheater
Enjoy stopping along the way, wandering the tiny streets of the hilltowns, have lunch at one of the Konobas, at well known Mondo Restaurant in Motovun or at our personal favorite, La Puntalina on the rocks overlooking the sea in Rovinj.
Try olive oil tasting or go for a Truffle Hunt on a break from riding.
Discover the coastal highway | Split - Dubrovnik
One of the most beautiful coastal highways in the world, the winding way from Split to Dubrovnik is breathtaking, sandwiched between the sea & coastal islands on side and the rugged coastal range on the other. And the drive is full of great choices for stops on the islands, Bosnia & Herzegovina, coastal villages . . .
- Historic and complicated Mostar and Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Ancient Ston, famous for is fortress, surrounding wall, oysters & wine – include boat ride around the oyster beds with fresh oyster tasting
- Peljesac Wine Country, the Napa Valley of Croatia – for overnight trips, stay at one of the wine estates, meet the vintners with wine pairing dinner after a long day’s ride
- Korcula island – follow the path of Marko Polo
Meander beautiful Montenegro
Starting in Dubrovnik, follow the breathtaking coast southeast to Montenegro, through Kotor Bay then through the mountains, exploring the spectacular nature and hinterland of Montenegro. Visit historical villages, national parks, lakes and breathtaking vistas with stops to wander small villages along the way.
There are lots of stunning choices for stops along the way . . .
- Sveti Stefan
- Njegusi Village
- Lovcen National Park
Return to Dubrovnik the same day or overnight in unspoiled Kotor on the sea at the foot of the fortress. Continue on to Sarajevo & Bosnia the next day.
More AE Select Experiences . . .